If you identify yourself as having a sensitive skin, here, in this article we made a guideline for basic routine.
- Use gentle cleansing products
- Restore the skin barrier and moistiruze. Study shows that regular use of moisturizer helps to improve barrier function if used 4 month in duration and did decrease skin sensitivity.
- Protect your skin. Use SPF products everyday and avoid long sun exposure.
- Use antioxidants that helps to protect skin barrier
- Avoid products with alcohol, high concentrations of essential oils, alcohol, high concentrations of preservatives. Also take in mind that some plant extracts can also irritate the skin.
- Use products that reduce skin irritation
- If you would like to use exfoliating acids into your routine, first restore your skin barrier and then slowly introduce the acids depending on your goal
- Avoid using prolonged hot shower that potentially may dry your skin and use moisturizer straight after shower
Products that are suitable for sensitive skin
- Josh Rosebrook’s Complete Moisture Cleanser
- Emma Hardie’s Moringa Gel Cleanser
- Hello Sunday sunscreens
- Josh Rosebrook Daily Acid Toner
- Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream